Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Semester is OVER!

This lovely rose is from Senior Night in Chester. Family photos will follow shortly!




Last year, our school switched to mark the passing of each half of the school year with a party lovingly referred to as 'Semester Tests.' As if the idea of having one day of the week set aside for each of the main 4 subjects, it was my luck to have the last day be designated as Mathematics Day. Luckily, there were still enough brain cells in my dear students heads, and we made it through this interesting time together!

Guess what the mail brought today? I received an envelope from my Hot Chocolate Friend! Inside this adorable knitting card was a tracing of a sock blocker...Oh Boy! I have been dreaming of such a treat, and now I have one. I've shown it to my children so they will be helping me get to cutting out and then we will decorate!

This weekend we will be going to Chinook for Friday then Harlem for Saturday tournament. The paperwork for District and State tournaments got mailed in today...my how time flies!

Here are a few items I managed to knit at last week's tournament in Choteau!




Oh, I forgot to mention...I love to drink tea!

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Sounds like you are staying busy! Things have been too quiet down here. :)

Wendy said...

I love the black and gold slippers! May need to put a few of those on list for Christmas knits for next year.

How awesome that your swap partner set you a template for a sock blocker! I've been wanting to make one but I'm leary about it actually being the right shape and size.