Sunday, January 06, 2008
Hot Cocoa Swap
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
I use a big mug with store bought or home made mix, but I always add either milk or whipped cream. The extra smoothness of the milk or whipped cream (aka Cool Whip) just adds the finishing touch.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Whipped Cream please! Oh, Ice Cream is also good.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
Golly, that is like asking my favorite pie...aren't all of them good? I have been playing a lot with knitting socks as well as scarves, hats, and mittens...so sock yarn and worsted/dk weights are great. As for fiber, I like to use alpaca, wool, and wool blends...but there are always fibers I would love to try! Colors? I like strong jewel tone colors and contrast. Pastels just aren't me.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I knit...but I can crochet if I need to!
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I love the warmth of bamboo/wood needles BUT not if I'm working on fingering weight yarn (as with my socks or lace). For those projects I like Knit Pic needles. I'm always game to try something new!
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
Healthy supply? I live 30 miles from the nearest gallon of milk, and 2.5 hours from any LYS or 'shopping' area, but the trip there means I don't get there when the LYS is open. I have some stitch markers...does that count?!
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
I would love a tracing of a sock blocker. My son would make a pair of them for me...which would give him a project for Art class, and give me a wonderful memento!
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
Calorimetry has been a recent favorite of mine. I don't need a pattern anymore, so it is a good wrestling meet knit!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
I am a member of a wrestling family, so I spend most of my weekends sitting at these meets. In the Winter...I like staying WARM!
2. What is your favorite animal?
Edited to include: I"m also a huge fan of dragons...but I was thinking more of the animals in my home when I posted this.
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
It sure feels like it this year. Ick!
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
How about a movie marathon complete with knitting? That sounds fun! Of course, I'm open to suggestions...
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Lilacs. That flowering bush is the true feeling of spring.
6. What are your favorite treat?
Caramel corn has been my weakness lately, but dark chocolate is always a good thing!
7. What is your favorite board game?
Othello! I do like Backgammon also...but I can't get anyone to play with me. They will play Othello, though!
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have a son who is a senior this year, a daughter who is a sophomore, and then 2 kitties and a dog. I have a good vacuum!
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I have no allergies to chocolate or fibers...so we are good to go! Oh, this is going to be fun!
Posted by dobarah at 9:31 AM